Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Kitchen-less

So we tore out our kitchen this past weekend. The island with the stove top is gone, the corner cabinets with the oven is gone - on the cabinet with the sink is there for another day or so - and then GONE! The new floor is supposed to be coming on Friday or Saturday (may 11/12) and the Cabinets are due to arrive on Monday May 14th! I can't wait. It may take awhile to get the new appliances and sink put into the the NEW island, but it will be so nice to have a new, clean kitchen! One that looks clean when it is!

For now, it is cooking on the BBQ, in the Microwave, in the slowcooker and on the George Foreman Grill. AND eating out :) I have a mini-kitchen set up in my dinning room with the table as my work station. All the kitchen drawers are lined up on the couch and my craft/office room is full of boxes and a large pantry shelf. (might I add that the fish tank and my little growing seedlings are also in this room - it's quite the busy place).

Too add to the business of the household in general we had a litter of 4 puppies born the last week in April. OH, they are so cute! And as Mama Saffie was inside having and caring for her puppies her boosom friend Maisie has decided not to eat. Worse than her mother Maddy that little dog is! She'd rather have attention from us than food. So, now she is in the house too. AND, we also have the barn cat in a crate inside too - the little guy was stuck under our house for 2 days, marking his teritory like crazy (it STINKS) and meowing his guts out (looking for a wife I think!) - so he is crated in the house until he gets nuetered tomorrow. This means we have 2 cats, 2 dogs, 2 fish, 4 puppies and 3 trays of seedlings in our kitchen-less house!

Also, I've been a busy bee working away in my flower beds. Too many weeds survived the winter and not enough of my perennials. I resuced some from a friend down the road who was round-up-ing a whole flower be full of them. It's nice to have my hands in the dirt agian, while I smell and listen to spring all around me.

Saturday we sold four of our 14 lambs to go to someone's freezer. Sigh. I know it's all normal, but it still makes me sad - my poor little woolies! Speaking of woolies, I was in the corral last night trying to get a string off a ewes leg when WHAMMMM!!! The next thing I knew I was flat on the ground with a large sheep standing over me. Jet our ram took me down. OUCH. My neck and shoulder are quite sore today. I think I need a good soak tonight (with a book of course! :)). I am so thankful though that he didn't ram my head! I could have been knocked out cold.

Books - I am following in my mother's footsteps and reading my first Agatha Christie book. "Death Comes at the End". I am enjoying it!

Taking my adrenal, and enjoying SPRING!
Erin